Africa Regional Coordinator (Engagement Manager) Ghana
Based in Accra, Ghana, this is a fantastic opportunity for an experienced commercially focussed Engagement Manager to join a rapidly growing business and make a real difference to saving lives across Africa.
IVCC is a Product Development Partnership (PDP) of industry, academia and other public health stakeholders that facilitates the development, delivery and impact of novel and improved vector control tools and solutions in challenged markets to combat the rapidly growing problem of insecticide resistance. Vector control, through LLINs and the use of IRS has been instrumental in cutting global malaria mortality rates by half since 2000.
The performance of older insecticides repurposed from agriculture is compromised by insecticide resistance, and the impact is reaching a tipping point. Lack of market incentive for independent commercial development, coupled with the risks associated with public health product development, means that the role of the wider public health community in sustaining the development process is essential. Although primarily focused on malaria eradication, IVCC is also working on vector control solutions for neglected tropical diseases such as Zika and dengue.
IVCC is supported by funding partners, including The Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation, DFID, USAID, The Swiss Agency for Development and Cooperation (SDC) and UNITAID.
We are seeking an Africa Regional Coordinator (Engagement Manager) to be based in Accra, Ghana to provide coordination, oversight and day-to-day management of country-level engagement for partnerships including, but not limited to, the Next Generation IRS Project (NgenIRS) the New Nets project (NNP), the Vector Link project and GLP field sites to help enable the delivery of the IVCC mission.
This is a management-focused position in support of the relevant Project Director(s) providing field oversight and support of country activities related to the launch, monitoring and evaluation of products supported by IVCC. The position will support the Project Director(s) in decision making, planning and reporting as well as coordination across a diverse set of partners and stakeholders for projects that include NNP, NgenIRS and other initiatives as needed.
The Africa Regional Coordinator will serve as the primary interface between IVCC and country partners on NgenIRS and NNP and will ensure timely and effective implementation of IVCC’s Access projects at country level through the establishment of strong engagement with key stakeholders, vigilant oversight and support.
The successful candidate must have:
- Extensive experience managing operational aspects of large international development projects, preferably Unitaid, USAID and Global Fund, with significant experience in vector control programs
- Proven experience and history of success in vector control programmeimplementation across East, West and Southern Africa, including operations,forecasting, procurement and logistics
- A familiarity with insect vector control for malaria prevention
- An ability to work with cross-functional teams in a complex internationalbusiness environment
- Experience in working collaboratively with NMCPs, executives in industry,CROs, academia, foundations, governments and NGOs
- A keen interest in working at the interface of science, productdevelopment and innovation delivery in an international setting
- Strong oral and written communication skills
Closing Date: 2nd December 2018
*Please note, we reserve the right to close the advert before the official closing date should we receive sufficient applications. We do therefore encourage all candidates to submit their application as early as possible.*
Take a look at some of the great work we have achieved over the past year 2016-2017 by viewing our annual report: http://www.lstmed.ac.uk/about/publications/lstm-annual-report-2016-2017
Candidates will need to provide evidence of eligibility of right to work in Ghana
LSTM actively promotes Equal Opportunities and Safeguarding Policies
To Apply please click HERE