The External Advisory Committee (EAC) provides expert technical assessments of the NgenIRS programme and advises the team during periodic reviews of the projects.
Members of the EAC are nominated candidates (external to partner institutions) with the required expertise to consensually discuss and agree between the NgenIRS partners. The EAC meet formally a minimum of twice a year. NgenIRS also calls on advice from members of the EAC in an ad hoc capacity.
The EAC provides advice related to the management and implementation of NgenIRS within the context of semi-annual reviews and annual planning of programme activities including:
- Adoption of new products and partners.
- Measuring resistance and resistance management, including Insecticide Resistance Management (IRM) in conjunction with Long Lasting Insecticidal Nets (LLINs).
- Procurement forecasting and advance purchase commitments.
- Measuring impact/cost-effectiveness.
- Coordination and interfacing with multiple donors, national malaria programmes, commercial partners, implementers and international organisations.