IVCC is interested to support new product development projects that align with delivering IVCC strategy.
If you or your organisation are looking to submit a proposal to IVCC, please first review the ‘Complete Project Specification’ document which highlights the level of information we require in order to approve funding, the ‘flow chart for new enquires’ which outlines IVCC’s funding and governance process and will indicate time to project launch, and finally the ‘what we fund’ and ‘what we do not fund’ sections below.
What we fund:
- Product development targeted at eliminating malaria in resource-poor markets:
- Development of contact active ingredients with new modes of action for use in existing product classes e.g. IRS, LLIN;
- Proof of Concept (PoC) projects aiming to demonstrate the feasibility of a novel vector control product e.g. Attractive Targeted Sugar Baits (ATSB®);
- Innovations that can deliver measurable additional value to existing malaria interventions, e.g. improved IRS application technology, new bed net design
- Academic research projects*
What we do not fund:
- Projects relating to genetically modified mosquitoes;
- Endosymbiotic organisms such a Wolbachia;
- Endectocides targeting humans.
*Academic research projects will only be funded if they are in response to a specific call for proposals from IVCC and required to answer specific product development questions.